Saturday, June 20, 2009

Set Up Complete

I finished the set up of the classroom blogs last night.  I am now the proud owner of nine separate blogs.  I have the main blog where my writing, homework, class summaries and other such things will be posted, and one blog for each potential class that I will teach.  I will likely have only seven classes, but since I don't know the schedule, I have created one for each possible period.  I will delete or eliminate the extra site when school starts.

I am more and more impressed with Blogger as I go along.  The email tool works very well.  I get email notices of every comment posted on the site.  I am also able to email my articles to different blog sites at once.  I am experimenting with the ultimate email tool at the moment.  I will be trying to email this particular post to all nine blogs at the same time.  If I have done my prep work properly, then it will be posted simultaneously on all nine blogs.  If it works the way that it is supposed to, it will make managing nine different blogs at one time very easy.  I will be able to write my post, for example a summary of class, in an email and then send it to as many blog sites as I need to.

The dashboard also gives me a view of all nine blogs at once, and the ability to look at the comments, posts and other aspects of the nine different blogs.

All in all, I am excited to get the kids working on these blogs.

1 comment:

  1. hey how do we post our story things ??

    -keigan-

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.